A Swiss roll recipe from Jaques & Julia that is a very light mousse baked on parchment paper which gives the chocolate roulade the perfect Yule log texture. It is a very light, wet batter thinly filling a very shallow baking sheet – a cookie sheet with about 1/2 inch sides. Jacque Pepin says in the recipe to cook it for 12 minutes, but it needs more time at our altitude.
- Warm 1 cup of heavy cream to steaming
- Melt 5 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces into the cream
- w/ 2 T of cocoa powder and let cool to room temperature
- separate 7 eggs and whip the whites to stiff but not dry peaks
- fold a small amount of the whites into the chocolate, then fold the remainder together
- spread into prepared baking tray
- preheated 350 F oven, no fan, for about 20 minutes.