– No Molasses — but just as Ginger
A Small Ginger Cake
This cake is intense, and I want to make it small — for our little family. So all I need is 2.5 cups total batter. Choose a large enough beaker for an immersion blender that will hold at least 3 cups. To this add egg, oil, small chuncks of fresh ginger, and blend. You can let this rest while you do the next step.
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Grease the small tart pan and thoroughly flour to coat. (I use a mix of flour and fine ground almond flour.) Add the milk and yogurt to the beaker and blend until it’s smooth. By spatula, add the dry ingredients until just mixed, and then pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for a couple of minutes and then place on a glass. The side of the tart pan will fall away when ready.
- 1 egg
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 3 T. honey (no molasses in the house, no problem)
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar ground fine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup good Greek yogurt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 t. each of cinnamon, ground cloves, ginger (and some of nutmeg, mace, turmeric or other spice as you wish)
- 1/4 t. of fine ground black pepper, 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1.5 ounces of grated fresh ginger